Mr F. and I just got back from a trip to Arizona to visit my brother and his family. It was a great trip-naturally over too soon-and I somehow didn't end up with very many pictures [or a single picture of my beautiful sister in law. Or Mr F. and I together]. Evidence of a good time, I guess.
- As we were sitting in the airport waiting to board our plane to AZ, we got a FaceTime call from my SIL. I recently got a haircut and decided to get bangs. This was new for my four year old nephew, so after talking for a few minutes, my nephew asked, "Annie, why is your hair so creepy?" Given the picture above, he has a point. But, the bangs are gonna stick around for a bit.
- We spent the first two days and one night at the Sheraton Wild Horse Hotel and Spa. Time by the pool. Sleeping in. A couples massage at the spa. A pedicure for me. Food and drink on demand. Started vacation off well. [We did have a ridiculous experience at a restaurant at the resort, Ko'Sin. Aside from the horrible food that we waited an hour and a half for and the alarmingly sweaty manager we talked to, the waiter carefully put full place settings in front of all of us. Including my nephew and my almost-two-year-old niece. FULL place settings. As in, SHARP STEAK KNIVES in front of children. We couldn't stop laughing. It was all so bizarre.]
- THE FOOD. My SIL is a fantastic cook and there were so.many.restaurants there. A few favorites were The Keg, Joe's Farm Grill, Maricopa Taco Stand, and naturally, we got our In & Out Fix. Mr F. really loved Arizona Wilderness Brewing Co. It was red meat and carbohydrate week on accident. Carne Asada Tacos. Steak and potatoes. Burgers and fries. [I picked up a sinus infection on the way home and had to go to the doctor...where I was weighed. DO NOT WEIGH PEOPLE AFTER VACATION, DOCTORS! IT SHOULD BE A LAW.]
- Nephew and niece time. I cannot get enough of these kids. They call me "Annie" and Mr F. "Uncles." It's the cutest thing in the world. Also, now, when anyone references 'Frozen,' Wreck it Ralph,' 'Monsters University,' or 'Despicable Me 2' we'll know what they're talking about.
- Family time. Aside from my brother, SIL, and the kids, we got to see my Aunt LaNora and my cousins and their families. My heart is full [and hopefully still healthy despite the accidental red meat week and my summer of McDonalds cheeseburgers.]